Saturday, March 23, 2013

No Perfume



The next step on my dailyodors experiments is to extract my own body odor. Therefore, I started to use the products on the picture, Shampoo and Shower Gel without Perfume, so when I try to collect my sweat I make sure it is not influenced by other odors. I'm using them for a week now. Actually, it's amazing to don't be walking around with some random coco, almond, flowerish fragance on my skin.

The Urtekram Shower Gel ingridients are:
Aqua, glycerin, cocamidopropyl betaine, alcohol, sodium coco-sulfate, glyceryl caprylate, coco-glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium chloride, citric acid and tocopheryl acetate.

The Urtekram Shampoo ingridients are:
Aqua, glycerin, coco-glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodiu coco-sulfate, alcohol, glyceril caprylate, glyceril oleate, sodium cocoyl glutamate and citric acid.

General chemical structure of a paraben
(a para-hydroxybenzoate)
where R = an alkyl group.
Extracted
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraben 


As you can read in the ingridients list these two products are parabens free. I decided for it because its seems parabens (regulary used as a cosmetic preservative) have the hability to slightly mimic strogen which might influence directly on our body odor (besides, probably, influence brest cancer and possibly generating early puverty in females).

Anyone out there who already extracted their own odor before? Tips are very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment